Sunday, December 19, 2010

Day 342 - Arrived in Hilton Head

Well it’s 11:59, so this blog that is for Sat will actually be posted on Sunday morning. I’m sitting here trying to write, and Anna Roan is right beside me talking. Lisa is trying to get Julia to sleep. They actually got here quicker than I thought they would. It was about 10:30 when they came in. Ten we had to unload everything. I got here about 8PM and unloaded my car, which was packed to the brim. I don’t think I could have got anything else in it. I was able to get it all unloaded and put away before they got here.

I went to Laura’s today for my family Christmas. Dad and Allene didn’t make it. It was probably for the best. It was cold and rainy. It would have been a long drive and probably very tiring. It’s better he save his strength and try to build it up. Plus little Luke was throwing up last night, so he might have a virus. It was good that dad stayed home. We did have him on speaker phone and had him ask the blessing. So it was sort of like he was with us. We had a good diner, and it was fun seeing everyone. Frank had a mustache and a beard. With my mustache and Gills mustache and beard it seemed like facial hair was “in” this year. We missed Matt and his family and of course Lisa and Jennifer.

I left around 2PM and got to the Sea Pines welcome center around 7:15. I was unpacking by 8pm. The house is very nice. The bedrooms are big, and it is a very rambling ranch. It was probably built in the 80’s but it has been kept very well. I know that it will be a good place for us. Jennifer, Sean and the kids will arrive late tomorrow afternoon. I’ll get the tree set up, and we can all decorate it tomorrow night. That will be fun. Then Monday we will get the bikes sorted out and start riding. I listened to a CD by Graham Cooke today. I listened to it earlier in the year and it had an impact on me, but today it had an even deeper impact. He is talking about living a present future life. That’s instead of a present past life.

What he is talking about is letting your destiny help you in your present life; especially if you are in the middle of a battle. If you stay focused on the present, you won’t see your way through to victory, but if you look at who you are called to be, then act like it, you will be able to move past the battle into your destiny. On the other hand, if you let your past define you, you will never reach your destiny. It is so easy to let your past define you. You are much more familiar with your past. You know it like a glove. Your destiny on the other hand seems so far removed. You have to press into it with faith. You have to not only believe; you have to be persistent in what you have been called to be.

I see that for me, it is extremely easy to fall back into thinking about and trying to relive the past. But to do that is to move into failure. As much as I like the past, no as much as I love the past, it is not going to get me to my destiny. I truly believe that Papa wants me to honor the past, but press into the future. So, as we celebrate Christmas as a family I want ot honor Julia. I want to allow our love for her to flow with tears, laughter, stories pictures and anything else that Papa can use to bring us together in our love for her and all that she has meant to us.

But then, I want us to look at the future and commit to become Present future in our thoughts. I want to call out destiny in all my children and their spouses. More than that I want to bless and speak life and destiny into all my granddaughters. If I can do that. No, if we can do that, then it will be a successful visit. I love my family. I love Julia, but I desire destiny to be fulfilled. We have to be Present – Future minded. I’m glad to be here. It’s going to be a great visit together.

No comments:

Post a Comment