Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 331 - Soup's On

It has been ridiculously cold all week. Now I remember why I joined the Y last winter. I’m definitely not going out running in this weather. The bad news is that I’m not getting to ride the Harley any either. I think the high today was around 40, but with the wind the wind chill was about 26. Too cold for my thin blood! It looks like another cold front is coming in this weekend so it will be cold next week. I sure hope it warms up before we go to Hilton Head. If we all have to stay in the house all week it could get very hard.

I just got home from school a little while today. It’s been a long day. I got 3 hours sleep last night, and I can feel the fatigue tonight. Plus I worked three periods in about 24 hours plus two nights of school. No wonder I am tired. But now I am sitting by the fire and the house is filled with the wonderful smell of Vegetable soup simmering on the stove. I started it this afternoon. John Biddie Bud and Cathy are coming over for Dinner and a Movie tomorrow. Biddie is going to make cornbread to go with the soup. It will be a great meal for a cold winter’s night. Of course I have been gone a lot, but this is the first time I have cooked since the last time they cam over. I’m of from work tomorrow and Thursday, but I have meetings at the church most of the day tomorrow. Thursday I will try to go down and see Dad. He has had a hard time with some medication and is very weak. Hopefully the Doctor will change his medicine tomorrow. Friday will be busy with work and a Sozo on Friday night. Saturday afternoon I work and then go to a school Christmas party.

I did get all the birthday cards mailed today; Sean’s will be late, his birthday is tomorrow. Jennifer and Anna Roan should get theirs on time. Now I just have to finish Christmas shopping. Maybe I can do some tomorrow after my meetings. But I would also like to work out and then I do need to clean house a little bit. I guess it will be another busy day tomorrow as well. Kenny G just started playing a Christmas song that Julia and I loved to hear. I do miss her so. Will I ever not miss her? It’s been almost 11 months. I’m not grieving, and I am so thankful for her, but I do still miss her. Tonight I caught myself saying something about “our” house. It’s my house now, but it is still “our” house. Well, she would not be happy with the yard right now. The back is full of leaves, but it has been either too cold or too wet to blow them; maybe after Christmas. There is really not much more to say tonight. I’m very tired and it is very late. I think I will call it a night and go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment