Saturday, December 25, 2010

Day 348 - Twas the Night Before Christmas

Christmas Eve 2010. It’s hard to believe it’s here so fast. I was thinking this morning that on Christmas Eve last year, Julia and I were leaving Ft Lauderdale after spending a few days with Jennifer and the family. We were flying to Atlanta and then to Mobile to spend Christmas with Lisa and her family. We celebrated Christmas with Jennifer on Dec 23rd. She had to work on Christmas Day. We were in Mobile to see Anna Roan celebrate Santa Clause.

Life was good. We had just had the Sozo team party and Christmas with our friends. There was so much that we wanted to do in 2010. I was in first year BASSM and really enjoying it. Julia was still heavily involved with intercession and we were both still leading the Sozo team. It was such a busy time of year. We would be in Mobile until around the 28th then fly home. We would leave on Jan 3rd to go to a Bill Johnson Conference in Webb Al. Julia was planning on sewing some more clothes for Anna and the new baby, we didn’t know that it would be Julia.

It’s still amazing how things can change so quickly. As I look at my family here in Hilton Head I just give thanks for each of them. As I think of my family back home, I realize that things continue to change. Life happens. We still live in a fallen world, dealing with the consequences of sin and disease. Yes, we are fighting to bring God’s Kingdom down here. God told Adam to subdue the earth. Those are still our orders, they haven’t changed. I want 2011 to be a year of increased anointing and power. I am praying for miracles, and I want the heart and guts to go after them even when they don’t happen.

So here it is Christmas Eve 2010. What can I say, that I haven’t said? I write this to myself as well as to anyone else that is reading. Cherish your family. Too soon they grow up, or are gone. God gave us family to understand His nature. Sure, we aren’t perfect. I don’t know any earthly family that isn’t dysfunctional in some way. But overlook the flaws, and call out the gold. If every father would call out the gold in their children and help them reach the destiny that God has for them, just think where we would be as a nation and in the world. Revival has started; look around you. Even in the US, we are seeing miracles daily. Revival does not have to die. My goal is to help raise up the next generation that will not only keep it going, but help in spread.

So, I look at Christmas Eve 2010 with hope. Even more hope than I did last year, if that is possible. 2011 is coming soon, and I really feel that we are going to see even more. As I look back over the year and reflect, I enjoyed our last weeks together so much. Christmas Eve is a time to reflect on all the promises. Christmas; where God’s promise came down to earth to restore us to His family. So, as we move forward as a family, I hope that we can stand on the promises that we have been given. The promise of the Kingdom; Julia and I chased after all that God had with our whole hearts. My goal is to chase after the Kingdom of God in 2011 even harder than I did in 2010. So, as we draw near to the day, I want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment