Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 336 - Countdown to Hilton Head

This is an odd Sunday for me. I’ve been out of the house twice today, two trips to Publix. I got up this morning with all the intention of going to church and then to outreach. But after I had breakfast and was ready to go I started thinking of all the things that I had to do before Monday night at class. It was then I realized that I really didn’t have time to get everything done. So I decided to stay home from church, probably for the first time in years. Sure, I’ve missed when I had to work or was out of town, but never just to stay home. But I know that I did the right thing. I was able to worship and watch Bill Johnson in Bethel tv while I worked on my projects.

I had planned to go to outreach, but it kept getting colder and colder, so we canceled it. It’s not right to take the team out on the streets when the wind chill is 14. There probably would not have been many people out to minister to anyway. So that meant I got to stay home all day. That’s a rare treat for me. I am caught up on all my laundry and I have caught up on everything I need to do before work tomorrow. I work the next three days and we have school on Monday and Tuesday night. So I won’t be home very much for the next couple of days.

So I will have a lot to do to get ready for my two weeks at Hilton Head after work ends on Wednesday. I’ll probably spend most of Thursday and Friday packing. I will have a lot to pack. I’m sure the Envoy will be full by the time it’s all packed. I really can’t wait. I am looking forward to seeing everyone. I’m still praying for good weather so I can run and we can ride bikes and go out onto the beach. That reminds me, I probably should take the sand toys to, just in case.

Overall today has been a good day. I’m glad to just get to stay home and do the things that I needed to get done. I did miss seeing everybody, and I know I probably won’t see too many of them again before Christmas. I’m looking at the picture of Julia and I that Missy took last Christmas. It was a year ago next weekend since that picture was taken; it seems like yesterday. I think I’ll take it with me so we can have it there with us for Christmas. I still have a hard time believing that she is not in the next room, wrapping presents. But she’s not, and I still have presents to wrap. Biddie said that she will help ne. We will probably do them next Wednesday night during the movie. I still have a little shopping to finish. I’ll do that Thursday or Friday too. Wow, I can see it’s going to get busy this weekend. But it’s Christmas; it’s always busy. I wouldn’t have it any other way.

No comments:

Post a Comment