Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Day 332 - Shining Through

Tonight we did Dinner and a Movie once again. The soup turned out very good, and the cornbread was excellent. Cathy brought an appetizer to die for. It was a split Jalapeno pepper with chicken wrapped in beef bacon. It was right up my alley, the pepper gave it a good spicy taste. It wasn’t too hot, and tasted very good. The movie was “Shining Through”, it was a thriller set in WWII Germany. I had never seen it, even though it was made in 1992. We all enjoyed it. It was entertaining and had a happy ending.

Yes, I do remember, today is the 8th. Eleven months ago Julia got to go see Jesus. I remember the date, but there is no sadness in my heart tonight. I remember so much, but it’s all good. How can I be sad with such good memories? I can remember earlier in the year when the 8th of the month would almost send me spiraling down. Of course for the most part I was able to recover quickly. But tonight there is joy in my heart. That’s the real reason I titled tonight’s post “Shining Through”. It’s not because of the movie title. It’s because His love is “shining through” to my heart tonight. I just think of how much He loves my family and me. I think of how much I have to be thankful for. I truly am a blessed man. It’s Christmas, how can anyone not understand God and His goodness?

I think we got some good news on Dad today. He went to the pain management doctor and he is helping him get back to normal. I’m going down in the morning to Peachtree City to help take him to the hospital for a procedure that should help him get of some of the meds that are aggravating his situation. So I’ll probably leave around 6:15 in the morning. I know it will be cold in the morning. I can’t believe it’s going to get colder next week. It has to get warm before Christmas; otherwise it will be really cold at Hilton Head.

The first birthday of the week occurred today. Sean had his birthday. I wish that I could be with all of them. Birthdays are special. They are God’s way of recognizing that He made us special. Sean, He really did make you special! Happy Birthday. Next is Jennifer’s and then Anna Roan’s. Wow, Christmas is coming fast. I did get some more shopping done today, but I didn’t have a chance to work out. Maybe I will be able to tomorrow afternoon. I hope so because I sure need it.

That’s about it for tonight. I want to go to bed early and get a good night’s sleep. We have our last cell tomorrow night. It will be a Christmas party. It should be fun and a good way to end the cell.

No comments:

Post a Comment