Sunday, April 3, 2011

Time Flies When You're Having Fun

Well, I am back home sitting in my rocking chair once again. It’s hard to believe the weekend is over, I just can still see Anna and Julia. It was an interesting weekend. On more than one occasion I found myself looking at the world through the eyes of a four year old. But the rest of the time I was chasing down a 15 month old who never stops and can always find something else to get into. She is so inquisitive, no telling what she is going to be like when she is four.

Today we went to the Norfolk Botanical Gardens. They are about a mile from the airport so it was the perfect time to go. It was sunny and around 65. But it was pretty windy, so it was still fairly cold. It is a beautiful site. It’s very big, with boat tours and a tram ride. We just walked through the gardens and saw a lot of it, but I’m sure we missed most of it. We were there for about two hours and the girls had a ball. I think Anna’s favorite was watching the turtles sunning themselves on the banks of the little ponds we went around. We also saw a bald eagle and it’s nest with little chicks in the nest. We saw the eagle. Of course we didn’t see the chicks, but there were many bird watchers with telescopic cameras and other equipment.

It was hard to leave the little ones. I know that Lisa has a lot going on with the move coming up so quickly. I really don’t know right now how I can help, but I’m sure a trip to Alaska in the summer is in the offing. The only bad thing about being gone today was that I missed church and outreach. It was such a beautiful day, I’m sure they had fun down at L5P. School is back in session tomorrow. It’s hard to believe that there are only four weeks left. It’s been a good year and I am going to miss it over the summer. It will be interesting to see what is next.

I listened to a message by Danny Silk on following Favor. We need to see what God has blessed us with and pursue those areas into greater blessing. As I look at my journey this year and last for that matter, I see that is really what I have been doing. I know that I have become a father to many. I know that I carry the blessings of the Father, and I am able to impart His love to others. I know that I have a prophetic gifting and that helps me speak life and destiny into other peoples lives. So what does all this mean, I’m not really sure except I know who I am and I know some ot the things that God has given me to do in these next years. How it all works out I’m not sure. Certainly I do know that I am called to the Sozo ministry and equipping and releasing this next generation, however that looks. But what I do know is that I have to take steps to position myself for Papa to move. The question, as always is what and when. Timing is always the key. But I have been taking some steps, and now it is a time of waiting and watching.

So, here I am, back home. I already miss the family, just as I miss those down in Florida. I’m not lonely. That surprises me sometimes. I enjoy other peoples company and have a great time. But I also enjoy being alone. It’s strange, and I haven’t really figured out what’s what. There are definitely areas in this “new normal” that I still haven’t figured out yet. But that’s no problem either. I am just enjoying the day. Today is all we really have. Sure, we live today with our eyes on the future, but we still have to live today. Yes, I wish that I could just live today like a four year old. But truly, who’s to say that I can’t. Interesting thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment