Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Double Header

I think I am supposed to be semi-retired. I think that means I have a part time job and also get some retirement income. Well, Delta messed that up when they declared bankruptcy and took away most of my monthly pension. They did help me though when they hired me back as a contract instructor. I’ve written how much ai am blessed to have this job and I truly am. It’s just that weeks like this make me think that something is wrong with this picture.

I was off for the first five days of the month. I got to go to VA and see Lisa and the girls. But I did work yesterday and then today I worked two shifts. Now two shifts are not two eight hour shifts, but tow periods in which I didn’t teach, but acted as a Captain in the simulator for four hours at a time. Both periods were training a first officer right before his check ride, and both were pretty stressful, so after eight hours in the box, I am pretty wiped out. I got off at 7PM and got home a little after 8.

That in itself wouldn’t be so bad, but I have to be at work at 6:30 in the morning for another simulator and then I have an afternoon meeting. So it is a “double, double header. “ But then I work Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So it will be eight periods in six days. That’s enough to make ne think that I am working full time. When you add school into the mix, I can understand why I am so tired tonight. But I am really just getting going. It’s days like today that I sometimes feel like not doing this anymore. But I do enjoy it, and the pay is pretty good too. So, I will continue as ling as I feel that I can be a good instructor.

I did have time to stop and get chicken. It’s marinating for “Dinner and a Movie” tomorrow night. I don’t know what we will see. I have “Sherlock Holms” from Netflix. It’s pretty good; I saw it when it came out last year. But I’m wondering if it might be time for a Jason Borne series. Whatever it is, I’m sure we will have a good time. I watched my first TV tonight in about three days. I think I have watched an hour until today all week. Part of that is Lisa didn’t have TV. Tonight I did get to watch Blue Bloods and a back episode of Fringe. These are two of my favorite shows and it was good to have a little down time.

Life is sometimes about just getting through the day. But this morning for about 45 minutes before I left for work I sat in His presence. I was listening to “Facing the Wall” and just soaking in the presence of my Papa. His love for me was with me through the day. It is so great, and He is so happy with me because I know Him and love Him so much. It is a good tome to be alive, even on the days you have to pull a “double header.”

No comments:

Post a Comment