Wednesday, April 20, 2011

the Goodness of God

If you have read many of my postings you know that this is a common theme. I was just sitting here being thankful tonight. In the midst of whatever is going on in our lives, we need to take the time to be thankful. The scriptures say to be thankful in all things. That’s really pretty hard. I’ve been through some pretty hard things this past 18 months. How can you be thankful in all things? I think it depends on who you think causes bad things.

Personally I have come to the conclusion that God is good and all good things come from Him. There is no sickness or disease in heaven, how could God bring it to earth. He is not responsible. If He is not responsible that I cam thank Him for how He comes alongside of me in times of pain to comfort me. I can thank Him for giving me Divine Justice in situations and most of all I can thank Him for letting me be used to usher His Kingdom here on the earth.

So tonight I want to thank Him. I want to thank Him for drawing me closer to Him over the past two years. I want to thank Him of BASSM and all that I have learned and has been imparted to me during this time. I want to thank Him for RiverStone and all that she has become as a church. I am thankful how she is going after releasing the Kingdom and transforming the community. I want to thank Him for the church plants; Stonebridge, Vintage and now Awakening. The are beginning to make a difference in the community.

I want to thank Him that through His goodness, I have been writing a blog every night for over 15 months. I know that there is at least one book in all that and someday I will be able to thank Him for putting it together. I want to than Him that through my blog I have gotten to know many people and they have gotten to see a little into my life. I am thankful for all my friends that have been with me through the years. I’m also thankful for new friends who love me like they have known me for a long time. I’m so thankful for all my family; my Dad and Allene; My sisters Kay and Laura; my daughters and granddaughters. I’m thankful for my son in laws and my nieces and nephews.

I am thankful for Bethel Atlanta and new beginnings. I’m thankful that they have welcomed me into the body with open arms. I’m thankful for Scott and Lacey. I’m thankful to get to hang out with radical revivalist and help change the community. This is definitely the best time ever to be alive.

Finally I am thankful for the 38 years I had with a woman after God’s heart, Julia. She will always be so special in my heart, but I am also thankful that God is opening my heart to what lies ahead and I can see the spring turning into summer. I am thankful for times of transition because even though they are hard, they lead to new beginnings. They lead to unexpected surprises in the afternoon.

Yes, God is good and I am so thankful that He loves me and I am His son. Sometimes things do come easy. Sometimes He just lines things up like gifts to be opened, and I am thankful for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment