Thursday, April 28, 2011

After the Storms

We were very blessed last night. As you look at what happened in Alabama you just see a part of what could have happened here. Northwest GA still got a lot of damage and injury. The Metro Atlanta was spared. When I read the AJC on line this morning it talked about how the storms “parted like the Red Sea” as they approached the metro Atlanta. Did our prayers affect them. I think so. There was no other reason I can think of. God didn’t cause the storms, but weather patterns are set in motion by laws of nature that were put in motion after the fall of man. I like to think of it this way. Here on the earth in this season, God is in charge, but He is not in control. He released that control to Adam and Eve in the Garden and He hasn’t taken control back. What Jesus did was take what Adam had given away and He gave it back to His believers. Our job is to replenish the earth and subdue it.

Part of our job as believers is to take back the earth and use all the authority that w have been given. There were many people praying last night. I know that many were killed, but how many were spared because of the prayers of the saints. We will never know. But I choose to focus on what God is doing and not focus on what He is not doing. He spared Metro Atlanta and for that I am grateful. I know that some people still say God caused the storm and that is their right. I’m not here to debate them, I am just station my beliefs. There is a coming division in the church, and it is going to be over the goodness of God and how that is defined. Everybody says God is good, but what does that mean? That is where the division is coming. But that is for another day.

Tonight we had healing prayer at RiverStone. It was a very good night and the goodness of God was evident. One team saw a big cyst on someone’s arm decrease in size to about a quarter of the size it was when they started praying. Most of my prayers tonight focused on emotional issues, even though we were praying for physical manifestations. We prayed for over 50 people, most of them from other churches or no church. God loves to show off, and He did tonight. He is awesome and His presence is so sweet.

I leave tomorrow for Orlando to see Adair run in the state championship. I have to fly to Tampa because that is the most open flight, but even it is filling up. So out tomorrow and then back into Atlanta on Sat morning for Graduation on Saturday night. It’s going to be another busy weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment