Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Declaring Your Legacy

What if you could ask the Holy Spirit to show you the legacy that you will leave on the earth when you go to Heaven? Wouldn’t that have an impact on what you do tomorrow, next week or next year? I think it would. We did that tonight. Every second year student got up. Lit a candle and began to declare for a minute what legacy they were going to leave. It was an amazing time of faith filled declarations.

OK, I know what you are thinking. How could they possibly know? Well think about it with me. All year, no for the past two years we have been learning who we are in Christ, and what dreams He has given us. This last half of the year we have been focusing on our destiny. So if you know who you are in Christ and know your calling then it is pretty easy to call forth your destiny. Well, carry that destiny to it’s conclusion when you leave this earth and you can declare your legacy. Your legacy is the fruit of your destiny.

So, I know that I am a Father and a forerunner of the Caleb generation. I know that my destiny is to run with the Joshua generation and equip, empower and release the next generation in to their destiny in the Kingdom. So if I go after this for the rest of my life then it is easy to see how Holy Spirit will use me all over the world bringing in these new revivalists.

So tonight I declared my legacy. I said that when I reach the throne of Heaven and see Jesus I will be able to look behind me and se thousands upon thousands of radical revivalist that have changed the earth and brought in the Kingdom. I can see it. If I can see it, I can do it. Of course it’s not me, but God working through me. So that was the essence of my deceleration tonight. It’s so powerful to hear a whole room full of people saying things that only can be accomplished by God. As believers if we only go after the things that we can do, then we will fall way short of what God has in store for us.

So, what is your legacy? What will you bring with you when you stand before Jesus one day. We all have a legacy. If we don’t have a vision and a dream then that legacy will fall far short. People ask me what I have learned this year. I have learned a lot, but one of the most important things is to co labor with the Holy Spirit and never be afraid to dream for the impossible. Remember, with Him, all things are possible. He has called us to do the impossible and bring the Kingdom to the earth.

Well, it’s a short night tonight I have to get up at 3AM so I’m going to end this. But I do think that I will meditate on how He wants me to go after the Legacy He has shown me. The good news is that He has already shown me some of the steps I need to take and I am on my way. The journey is the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment