Monday, April 4, 2011

"It was a Dark and Stormy Night..."

How many stories have you been told or read growing up began that way. It sets the tone for fear and dread. Well, it is a dark and stormy night right now, but there is no fear here. There is no dread or sense of impending doom. No, in fact it is quite the opposite. I feel excited and full of purpose and energy tonight. I think it has to do with all the potential I saw at school tonight. It was a groundbreaking occasion. The second year students held the first healing room that has ever been held at Bethel Atlanta. It was fun, and the presence of God was so strong.

Being a veteran of the healing rooms at RiverStone I was excited to see that it went much like the RS rooms went. Because of space, we had the soaking area in the same room as prayer, but it worked just like the model I was used to. Because we didn’t have that many people, we had more time to pray for people. We say a great number of healings tonight and it was very exciting. But the most exciting part of all was the overwhelming sense of His presence. It was so strong and got stronger as the night wore on. In fact, as I think about it, more people got healed toward the end than at the beginning. It was a good first start.

We are going to do it again next week, and we think that there will be more people come. Tonight we prayed for a lot of the first year students who were sick. But word will get out and we will be much busier next week. We are breaking ground. The plan now is for second years to have a healing room on the last Monday night of every month. That is exciting. It’s one of the things that I wanted to see started at Bethel Atlanta.

Then we had worship and then we went back downstairs and we talked about situations that arise in ministry that you are never taught how to deal with in school. It was a very enlightening and fun discussion. So the night went well. If I had left at 9:30 I would have beaten the storms, but I was wrapped up in the discussion and didn’t want to leave. So I was fifteen minutes late, and I got caught in the storm about fifteen minutes from home. I know, I was warned, but I’m still glad I stayed. Especially now that I am home safe.

Probably another reason I’m still on a high is the Cuban food and delicious Cuban coffee I had at the new Cuban restaurant today. I met a friend for an early dinner and it was definitely worth the drive. It was good to be with friends, and good to have that delicious coffee. Anyway it wouldn’t keep me awake even if I drank it right now. But it was sooo good.

Well, it’s late, and I work tomorrow, not early, but I still have to work. So this will be all until tomorrow. It’s hard to believe sometimes but God wants to use us more than we want to be used. He is so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment