Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 232 - The Dream

I think that I have written that I hadn’t dreamed about Julia since she died. I know that Lisa has. I think Jennifer has and I know that Biddie, Cathy and some of her other friends have. But I hadn’t. Well, I’ve been asking God to let me dream about her and last night I did. It was a short dream, but very vivid in my memory.

I was somewhere in a strange city. I was early for a meeting and no one was there. Julia was supposed to meet me there. Then I was called back to meet some other people at another place. Well, I got on the Metro (something like MARTA) and went to my destination. But I couldn’t remember how to get back to the meeting place. There were a number of different lines that I could take. All I could remember was the exit number. I was looking at all the lines. They were each a different color. The lines were getting long and I needed to by a ticket. Then I saw her. Julia was standing in the line to go through the turnstile to get into the station. She smiled at me and was glad to see her. I ran up to her and kissed her cheek and asked her which line the destination was on. It’s the green line, she said. I ran off to get my ticket as she said she would wait for me. As I was getting the ticket, I woke up. Of course it WOULD be the GREEN line. I laughed and then went to sleep very peacefully. I know that she is saving me a place and God still has a sense of humor. It was a fun dream; I wish it could have been longer.

Today has been a good day. I spent most of it doing things like laundry. I had a lot to do to catch up. I also watered some plants and got a good run in. Then I spent some time on the computer looking for a motorcycle. I need to get some advice from a couple of friends before I actually buy something. Then tonight John and Biddie came over for “Dinner and a Movie”. Bud and Cathy are in New Hampshire for a birthday. We watched “The Godfather”. Bud and Cathy will have to catch up this week because next week we will watch “Godfather part II”. It looked like next week will be our last Monday night outing for a while. School starts the next Monday night. It’s been a fun thing to do over the past few weeks. I will miss it, but I’m also looking forward to school starting back.

As I look back on my dream last night, I am very thankful to have it. Julia was there is life. It was just like talking to her here in the house. At the same time, we can’t live in the past. She said she would wait for me, and I know that she is. I’m sure that I will dream of her in the future, but this first dream was almost like a first date; except I didn’t have to ask her to marry me. : > ) Who knows, maybe I’ll dream again tonight. But if I don’t, that’s OK too.

No comments:

Post a Comment