Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 224 - Time in the Swing

Today was a nice relaxing day. I really haven’t had one of those in a while. I got up and went to 9AM church. Both Tom and Daniel were out of town, but worship was still good and so was Mark’s sermon. Then I went to Costco and got a few groceries. I bought a case of paper towels. That will probably last me six months. I am amazed at how little paper products I use without any women in the house. When Julia and the girls were with me, I used to say I was going to invest in the paper companies, because we kept them in business and making good money. After I got home and fixed lunch, I edged the lawn and cut the grass. I’ve been very fortunate and blessed with the rain showers this week, I know that they have been hit and miss, but I had over an inch in my rain gage from last night. That means I got over three inches of rain since Friday. I was glad the lawn had dried out enough to cut it. It looks pretty good, but someone needs to pull weeds. I guess I’ll try to do that tomorrow.

I was hot after mowing the lawn, but I really wanted to run. I didn’t get to run on Friday or Saturday. So, I got ready and went to Bentwater. I ran pretty good although very slow, for the heat. It was 91 with a heat index of 100. I did wind up walking the last one half mile because of the heat. I didn’t want to overdo it. But it was still good. After I got home, I tried to watch a movie, but it wasn’t any good. So I went outside to check out the temperature. Although it was still pretty hot, there was a nice breeze. It looked nice and shady down by the swing. I had been looking at the swing the other day, realizing that I hadn’t been down there in a while. So I got something cold to drink, a book and I went down to the swing. It was very nice and very refreshing. I sat down there for over an hour reading. The birds were flying around the feeder and a nice breeze was blowing. It was a good time. I did miss Julia’s presence, but I know that she was there watching me enjoy the late afternoon. As I was sitting there, I was looking around the back yard to see if there was any place level enough to build a Bocce Ball court. It would be a great place to have one, and I know that it would be a good game to play. Looking around, there might be one place. I’ll have to get the measurements of a court and see if it would work. If it will then I will have to decide if I really want to build it. I’m not really sure. Right now it is just a random thought.

I’ve got the next couple of days off. Although I have a couple of meetings and lunch engagements, I plan on relaxing and running. This is the calm before the storm. School starts on the 12th of September. Starting Friday I will have motorcycle lessons at the Harley Davidson Dealer in Cartersville. So all weekend from 8AM till 6PM I will be busy. Then the next weekend I will go to Norfolk to see Lisa and the girls. So these next few days are really my last time to just relax for a while. So I want to get caught up on the laundry and housework. I need to do some weeding and I definitely need some time just sitting out on the deck in the early morning, drinking coffee and reading. I’ve got one moe book to read before school. I just found out about it today, so I ordered it through Amazon. It should be here on Wednesday. It is by Jack Frost. It’s about going from Spiritual Servanthood to Spiritual Sonship. It should be a good book. I’m sure it will be a fast read.

Emotionally and spiritually I think that I am doing pretty good. I have come to look at all the good memories that I have with Julia, and not just her loss. I know mentally and emotionally that there is no going back or staying in one place. I have to move forward, and I am. I am excited about the future, and about this year in particular. This year is key to what lies ahead. School has taken on even more importance to me. I feel that it will help define my remaining years and right now that is critical. When I chose a college, that defined a sertain parameter of courses I my life. I feel that this year in school is just as important. I must remember to push myself out into areas that are outside my comfort zone, so that I can see what my new comfort zone becomes. It is exciting, but it will be challenging. I really can’t wait. I mean, here I am at my age as eager as a young schoolboy. Papa must have something good in store for me. The good thing is I know that I have an extra cheerleader in heaven cheering me on. Thanks Honey!

No comments:

Post a Comment