Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 74 - More Love

Today was a good day. I was off and had three or four meetings, but I still got to go the “Y” and get a work out in. Then tonight we had our monthly Thursday night of healing prayer. God’s presence was so strong tonight. During the prayer time before the session started, we were all feeling the strong presence of the holy Spirit. It was the strongest and best pre service prayer time that we have ever had. The prayer room was filled with the presence of God. I really felt going into the prayer time that everyone we prayed for would be instantly healed. That didn’t happen tonight, but we are not going to stop expecting that or going after that. The prayer time was good and we saw the presence of God rest on many people. I don’t know how many people were healed, but I am sure we had many healings tonight. I’m looking forward to hearing some testimonies.
Tomorrow I start a six-day work stretch. I know that I twill be tiring, and I am praying for rest during the day. I start off with three “A” periods. That means getting up at 3AM three days in a row. I’m going to have to either get a power nap in the afternoon, of go to bed earlier in the evening. The good news is I should be able to get a run in. Hopefully I will be able to run outside if the weather cooperates. At any rate, I need to go to bed pretty quick. The problem is that I am not sleepy, so I will probably be up until 11. That means only 4 hours sleep. Oh well, I’m sure some sort of nap will be in order tomorrow afternoon.
I was thinking more today about being a Father. I have been thinking about this a lot. I know that we can all be Fathers and Mothers. What is it that we need to do this? I believe that what we have to have is love. So much love that we can call out the gold when all the world sees is mud. We need so much of God’s love so it will overflow in our lives and flow into those around us. There are so many fatherless and motherless orphans who need to see the love of God in person. We can have a tremendous impact on the world as we release His love. I have been asking God about what is going on with me. What is He doing in the midst of all my grief and loss? I firmly believe in the Goodness of God. I know that Julia’s death was from the enemy. However I also believe in Romans 8:28 and how God uses all things to work together for good for those called according to His purpose. So how is He using Julia’s death for good? I can only look at my on life and see what He is doing. I was talking to a Pastor friend today at Starbucks. I told him that I have sensed God’s love in a deeper measure in my life since Julia’s death. I know that I have gone deeper into the folds of Gods love than I had ever thought possible. He has been so much for me. How can I share this love? How can I give it to my children and grandchildren? How can I share this love with those I come in contact with? These are my thoughts, and my prayers. I constantly pray that God will teach me how to share His love with others. I pray that He will show me how to communicate the depth of his love. I can sense that his love is flowing through me in a much greater way than it ever has, but I still don’t know how to really impact others. This is a prayer we as believers all need to learn. I know that His love is surrounding me and flowing through me as never before. I know that this level of His love is so deep, that I would have probably never have tasted it if Julia had still been alive. But she is not, and God in His goodness is filling me and surrounding me with so much love in a level that I never knew was possible. Thank you Father for your love and your goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment