Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day 73 - The Next Generation

At one time in my life when I heard someone talk about the “next generation” I felt left out. I would cry out in my heart, “What about me, what about my generation? “ I didn’t want to be left behind. I wanted all that God was giving out. I felt like many leaders were ignoring my generation while they were pushing for the “next generation” whomever they were. That was then! What I’ve come to realize is this. I am part of the next generation. What is the next generation? In my opinion it consist of all those who are pushing for the Kingdom of God to be released in their community. It is all of those people who are willing to pay the price to see the Kingdom of God advanced. To see the blind see, the lame walk, and the dear raised, age doesn’t matter, gender doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is your love for God and His overwhelming love for you. So we can all be part of the next generation.
Having said that let me make this observation. There comes a time in life that it is more important to give away ministry than to keep it. How do you know when that time has come? I think it just sneaks up on you. One day you realize that you are cheering for others to go for it. You realize that it is not all about you. Sure you love to minister, but the emphasis is not about you, it is about helping the team. It is about cheering others on to go higher and farther than you have ever been. It just sort of sneaks up on you. It is a maturing in your faith and your vision. For some people it happens at an early age. For others it takes longer, but this quality is what makes you a Father or Mother in the faith.
I know that I am a Father, and I am becoming even more of a Father. It’s not because I am old, but it is because I have come to a place in my life and ministry where I would rather help someone else push to the top. I have been given so much love that all I can do is give it away. Please don’t get me wrong; I am still very competitive. I love to minister and I love it when God uses me to advance His Kingdom. But I love it even more to see someone that I have poured my life into grab the reigns and push to the front. Tonight I had dinner with two couples that have unlimited potential in the Kingdom. Their heart for God and the things of God makes them very dangerous. If they could only see how dangerous for the Kingdom they really were, they would be overwhelmed. But Julia and I both saw that in them and I am excited when I think about all that God is going to do in them. We all need spiritual fathers and mothers to help us get where God wants us to go. My desire, and I know it was Julia’s, was to leave a legacy of younger people who actually understood how much God loves them, and who they are in Christ. This is the end time Army. This is the next generation, and I am glad to be a part of it. Tonight I was able to release more responsibility into their hands. It’s exciting to see and watch what God is going to do through them. This is the good part about being a Father. You can release ministry and watch it multiply while you continue to do more. Multiplication is a fact in the Kingdom. To see multiplication, you must be willing to release what you have held; knowing that God is in control and this is part of His plan. We all need to become Fathers and Mothers, no matter what our age. It’s the quickest way to expand the Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment