Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 63 - Passionate Worship

I know that there are probably many churches that have passionate worship where the presence of God is so strong that you don’t want to stop. I am so blessed to be a part of RiverStone. Worship this morning was so good. It was good to be back home. Daniel and the band just ushered in the presence of the Lord, and then Mark’s sermon was a declaration of how we can get to where we need to in the prophetic and the importance of the prophetic in the coming Revival. During worship I was thinking of how much Julia must be enjoying watching us. Then all of a sudden I just missed her so much! As I worshiped I had to focus on the goodness of God, and press into him. It would have been easy just to get lost in my loss. “We bring the sacrifice of praise” came to mind and I mad the choice to press in deeper to the arms of the Father. As I did that my sorrow quickly turned into joy. This led to even deeper worship. I was just lost in Him, being covered by His love. When the band began to play “Roar like a Lion”, I know that Julia was probably watching and dancing along with me. Julia and I loved to worship together, so it’s not a surprise that I would think of her often as I worship.
I was thinking about the trip to Nicaragua tonight. Why is it that the anointing, especially for prophecy was so much stronger there. I’ve come to the conclusion that it isn’t really stronger. It’s just that I was expected to prophecy, so I did. I was able to get a word for anyone that I pressed in to the Spirit about. Why can’t we do that here? We can! The same Holy Spirit is within me here that was in me in Nicaragua. So I ought to be able to do the same thing. If the presence of God is upon us, we should walk in His power and under an open heaven. It should not matter where we are. My problem is really in my mind. It’s how I see myself and how I limit myself in what I think that God can do through me. I talk about breaking out of the box, yet I find that I have had myself in one. So, the only thing I can do is to continue to press in to the Holy Spirit, knowing that I can do everything I was able to do in Nicaragua. So I have to co labor with the Holy Spirit. I have to believe He wants to use me, but I have to press into the boundaries that I have set up for myself. I have to cross over and that is risky. Being the adventurer that I am, I am ready to step over that line every chance I get. If we are going to have community transformation (revival) then we all need to begin to step over lines that we have drawn for ourselves. The kingdom of Heaven is ever expanding. We limit ourselves when we don’t do things because we couldn’t do them before. Our influence and ministry should ever increase. We all should act and think like we do on mission trips in other countries. I know that I need to ask God for more compassion for the people around me as I live here.
Tomorrow work starts again. I have an early morning for the next two days and then late nights for the next two days. I work 13 days out of the next 17 so I’m going to be busy. It was a good thing that I came back on Saturday from Nicaragua. Today’s flight was full and I would still be there. But here I am and work starts tomorrow. So that’s it for tonight, it’s an early get up tomorrow.

1 comment: