Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Day 51 - Snow Again??

Today was a better day. Work was good, and I got out around 10:30. I walked out to see snow. I don’t know when I have ever been so tired of winter. I always loved snow before. But this winter has been too much. Maybe it’s because I have to e back down at the airport again tomorrow morning at 5AM. Maybe it’s because I know I have to probably leave early before the roads start to freeze. But I don’t think so. I think it’s because it was snowing and the roads were bad the night I took Julia to the emergency room. Yes, that’s it, there were too many bad memories that go around with snow right now. When I see snow it doesn’t give me good memories right now. Maybe it will in the future, but not right now. So here we are with more snow, and another time to fight the icy roads in the morning. So now that I realize why I don’t like the snow, I can deal with it. The hard part is not knowing why your emotions feel the way they feel. So all the emotions of that last night at home come rushing into my mind. They are still too painful to write about. I’m sure that I will some day, but today is not that day.
So, I need to go to bed soon. It looks like the roads will start freezing between 3AM and 4AM. If I can get to 41, I know that I will be fine, so I will probably get up around 2. Once I get toward the airport, I’ll probably stop at a Waffle House and have some breakfast. I’m sure that I will take a nap tomorrow afternoon.
Well to take my mind off the snow, all I have to do is think about my trip next week to Nicaragua. The temperature there will be in the 90’s. Wearing short sleeve shirts, and walking around in hot weather, I can’t wait. I need to spend some time preparing something to speak. In reality I already have probably three talks. They all say the same thing only differently. They all focus on the goodness of God, and the heart of the Father. You see, no mater where you go, people need fathers. We all do. It is a timeless message, to share the love of God, the goodness of God, the Good news, and the gospel. So that’s what we are taking with us. We will all share it in many ways. Some times we will speak of it, but most often we will demonstrate it. We will bring the Kingdom of God, the goodness of God to all that we come in contact with. Why is it that we do this intentionally on a mission trip? Yet at home, we walk around all day, and don’t think about releasing His glory. This is where I have to change. This is where I have to cultivate a lifestyle of seeing the Kingdom of God released daily. I admit, I am not there yet., but I want to be. So my prayer for others and myself is that we will radically remember to release His Kingdom whenever we can, every day. It starts with just trying to pray for one person a day. I have tried with mixed success to do that this week. I will continue next week, and the next until I get it. It take at least 6 weeks for a new routine to become a habit. So I want to continue until it becomes a habit, a change in lifestyle.
Well I’m going to close out tonight, and get a little sleep. I know that I will have sweet dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment