Thursday, December 29, 2011

Sunny South Florida


When we left Peachtree City this morning, the temperature showing outside was 29.  This afternoon in Ft Lauderdale it was 78.  What a difference a 11 hour drive makes.  Yes, it only took us 11 hours to get here, and that was with three stops.  It was an easy drive, just a long one.  Hopefully it won’t be any harder going back next week.  It was so god to be able to see Jennifer, Sean, Adair and Meleah.  I now feel that Christmas is complete.  Last year we were all together.  This year Sheryl and I had to travel about 9,000 miles to see them all.  What a difference a year makes.  We are looking forward to spending time with them these next few days.  We have great weather for the week.  It looks like plenty of sun and high 70’s.  That and all the family should make for a great few days.

Sheryl and I did get to talk and do some planning for the New Year.  We looked at different areas of our lives, and talked about the focus for 2012.  We didn’t make “resolutions”, but we did set some measurable and achievable goals in many areas.  I believe that this will help us as we prioritize things during the year.  It really is hard to believe that there are only two more days in 2011.  2012, I never even dreamed of living in this year.  It seems that my earlier dreams in life stopped in 2007, when I was scheduled to retire with Delta.  Then came early retirement in 2003 and 2007 really meant nothing.  I have dreams, lots of them, but I realize that even as I have them, I am living them.  When you are my age, you don’t have time to let them sit.  You have to think and act, almost simultaneously.  That is hard for some people, but I find it rather easy.  I guess it is from all my training as a pilot.  You make decisions in life, act on them, and move on.  You really don’t have time to stop and stay in one place, even if you are young.  Life is just too short. 

We will make mistakes; sometimes they are very costly and might hurt others.  The key is to always try to be aware of unintended consequences to our actions, and learn for our mistakes and the mistakes of others.  When we make them, as we all will, we have to be ready to quickly move on as if we hadn’t made them.  If we try to put others in the forefront, then we will minimize the mistakes we make.  I know that I have made many mistakes over the years.  Some were my fault, and some weren’t.  But I have to keep living life going forward, and take the consequences when they come.  Thankfully, God’s grace is sufficient to carry me through the hard times, and to lead me into the good times.

Anyway, I digress.  2012 is going to be a year of great change in the world.  You don’t have to be prophetic to see this.  We can’t stand on the things of this world for our security.  Many of these will shake, crumble and fail.  We have to be the answer for many.  Our love, faith and fearlessness will draw others into our sphere of influence.  Then we can help them understand where their true security lies.  This is a great time to be alive, and I truly believe that this next year will see revival begin to break out in small pockets through out the United States. It’s already started and those who are looking, like Simeon and Anna of old, can see it already.  My advice to you who are reading: get ready.  A few years ago, we were told by the prophets to position ourselves for the next move of God.  Hopefully we are positioned where God wants us.  If we are we can be used most effectively.  That’s my real goal.  What’s yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment