Saturday, December 10, 2011

Christmas is a Coming


Well, it’s been a busy two days.  I did two sozo’s yesterday and one this morning.  Sheryl helped me this morning and it was fun to work together.  All three went very well, it is just so fun to see the Holy Spirit bring freedom and set captives free.  So, that part of the day was awesome.  Then I went to work this afternoon and didn’t get home until a little after 8PM.  We had dinner together and then watched National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase.  It’s hard to believe that it was made in 1989.  It is a great, funny movie and I really have to watch it every Christmas.

I remember that last year we watched it together in Hilton Head.  We were all together last Christmas.  It’s going to be hard not being together this year.  But the travel begins soon.  We will be leaving on Wed for Juneau.  It’s hard to believe that it is coming so soon.  It will be great to see everyone and spend time with them.  Then we will be back here for a few days during Christmas and then it’s off to Ft Lauderdale over New Year’s with Jennifer and her family.  So, we might cover over 5000 miles or so round trip.  We will be up with Santa Clause as we travel.

Tomorrow I am off, that is good.  It should be a nice easy day, so I want to get to work out in the morning.  Then in the afternoon we are going to a play.  It’s a Christmas play about the Andrews Sisters in WW2 era.  It should be fun.  I still have two more work days before we leave.  I work on Sunday and Tuesday, both on B periods.  It’s really getting exciting as I sit here listening to Christmas Carols.  But Christmas is all about family, and as much as I am excited, I’m still a little sad that we are so spread out, but I certainly understand the dynamics of life, and it will be fine.  I think I will treat myself to an eggnog latte tomorrow.  That should make me feel better.  Anyway, life goes on, as we all grow up. But Christmas is for families, and I will do my best to make sure we get to see each other as much as we can,

No comments:

Post a Comment