Friday, December 9, 2011

Date Night


Well, I didn’t get to write last night.  I had planned to, but I had worked an early A period that morning, and I didn’t get home until very late last night.  So, buy the time I was ready to write. I was just too tired.  But it was a great night.  What was I doing?  It was a date night with my wife.  We really needed some time off together.  This has been building for a week or so.  It seems that everything is keeping us apart, or when we are together, we are so busy that we don’t have time for each other.
 
So, after work yesterday, we went to lunch together and then went to Lenox mall to do some Christmas shopping.  It was a fun afternoon, if you can have fun shopping.  No, seriously I did enjoy it.  I quickly realized that it was the first time I had been at a mall shopping since Julia died.  I had some good memories flash by, especially as we walked through pottery barn, but my focus was on being with Sheryl and having fun with her.  We looked for clothes and got some different stuff for each other.  We got a Starbucks and walked through all of Lenox Square just window shopping. 

I think one of the most telling sights I saw had to do with where technology is going.  First we packed the Apple Store and it was packed.  You could walk in, but you would have a long wait to be waited on or to buy anything .  It was filled with shoppers.  Then when we were downstairs, we saw a Microsoft Windows store.  It was almost twice as big is square footage as the Apple store, but there must have been only three to four customers in the store.  In fact, there were a number of employees just waiting around for something to do. 

We then left Lennox and went over to Nordstrom’s at Phipps Plaza.  I was looking for shirts, and I found some that I liked there.  By then we were tired and hungry.  I was thinking about eating there, or on the way home, but Sheryl had heard about this restaurant from Scott and Lacey.  It  was called “Two Urban Licks”.  It’s over near the Carter Center, and it was as good as advertised.  I had Calamari and a salad.  It was probably the best Calamari that I have had here in Atlanta.  It was a very upscale place.  It was an old abandoned warehouse that had been converted in to this beautiful restaurant.  So, to make a long story short, it was a night spent on each other, just hanging out and walking around talking.  It was a needed time, and I am so glad that we really enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment