Friday, December 23, 2011

Home From Juneau

It’s always good to be home again.   We got home last night about midnight.  It was a little over 24 hours from the time that we left Lisa’s in Juneau.  We had to get creative to get home, which is not surprising for the holiday travel.  We went from Seattle to Memphis to Atlanta.  Then we had to search for our bags in Atlanta.  Praise God, they were there, and after about 30 minutes we found them.  But we were, and are still on Juneau time.  We came home and had something to eat and didn’t get to bed until after one in the morning.  Then getting up was another chore.  We finally got up around 10:30.  It will probably be the same tomorrow since it is already after one now.

Anyway, I’m sitting here listening to Bing Crosby singing White Christmas.  The tree is beautiful and we spent a wonderful night at the Steeds with friends from RiverStone.  It’s important to keep connections and tonight was a lot of fun.  Tomorrow is for running, going to the store and cooking.  I’ll do the running and probably go to the store.  Sheryl will do the cooking.  Anyway it will be a full day and I don’t think we have the time to sleep as long in the morning.

Christmas is so special.  It’s about giving and blessing the ones you love, and some people that you might not even know.  Father God set the example by giving us His Son.  We all need to learn to give.  I think one of the first signs of maturity is when you begin to understand that giving is really more fun than getting.  Sure, I still love to get gifts because it makes me feel special and loved.  But I really do love to give much more.  I love to see the look of surprise and shock on someone’s face when they receive a gift that they were totally not expecting.  That makes it so worth every thing.

So tomorrow starts the weekend of Christmas.  I will miss those that I love that are not here, and enjoy being with those that I love that are here.  If I had my way, we would all be together, but that is a perfect world, and we don’t live in a perfect world yet.  But no matter where we are, love still flows, and we will be in contact with each other.  Life moves on and decisions that we have to make take us apart physically, but nothing can separate us spiritually.  Memories are the glue that keeps us together and makes our love even stronger when we are apart.

Well it is late here in Atlanta, even though it’s only a little after 9 in Juneau.  I have to begin to transition back to Eastern time, so I guess it’s time for bed, even though I’m not sleepy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment