Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Where Did November Go?


Tomorrow is December 1st.  That is really hard to believe.  It seems like yesterday that Sheryl and I were in Australia getting married. Now, in 14 days we will be going to Juneau, in the snow, to visit Hernan, Lisa and the kids.  It’s going to be cold, but hopefully not as cold as it could be.  Yesterday it was warmer in Juneau than Atlanta.  I’m praying for a warm spell while we are there.  But no matter how cold it is, it will be great to see all the family and spend time with them.

But, back to the end of November; time is just passing too fast.  I think dad said this the other day.  “It seems like every nine months a new year begins.  I say that it seems like every six months a new year begins.  Things are moving fast, and I am at the point in life where I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  That only makes me want to run faster.  The closer to the finish line I get, the more that I want to see accomplished.  Sometimes I seem driven, but it is not anything that is consuming, it’s just that I have so much that I want to do, and so little time.  No, I don’t feel that I am going to die or anything like that, but I have fifty years worth of dreams to squeeze into the remaining productive years of my life. 

At the same time, I am being pulled to just travel the world and have fun.  I would love to spend a month in England, and maybe a month in Italy.  A week is no longer enough.   I want to be able to savor the country and all that is in it.  How does all this play out?  How can I afford to do that and still work for Delta?  What’s more, how can I afford the time for these trips and still accomplish the dreams that I have been given.  What is right and proper?  These are the questions that are running through my mind.  How does one desire play against the other? Is one right and one wrong?  Or are they both right, but in moderation?  If they are both right, how does that work out?

Questions to ponder and seek His face about.  I want to totally be in His will, but I know that dreams come from Him.  The on going question is can I fulfill both dreams?  I don’t know, this is something that Sheryl and I have to seek His face about.  How it works, only He can say.  Tune in, someday I will have the answer.  I don’t think it will be today.

No comments:

Post a Comment