Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Making Progress


I’m sitting here tonight with two cars in the garage.  I also have the golf cart, my Harley and two bicycles in there as well.  This is the first time since I moved my stuff down that we have been able to get both cars in the garage.  I know it doesn’t sound like much, but it really is a big accomplishment.  When I started this afternoon. I didn’t know where I was going to put everything.  I certainly didn’t expect to be able to get the second car in tonight.  But I just kept at it.  I moved everything that I wasn’t using to the basement.  I was able to get the pressure washer and the lawnmower under the house in the crawl space,  Then I was able to break down all the cardboard boxes except the ones that I have stuff in,

So, it really did all come together easier than I thought it would happen.  But when you think about it, my garage is something like my life.  It gets scattered and cluttered with other people’s agenda’s and meetings.  Then you begin to get bogged in what other people think and what their issues are.  We as leaders have to learn that we can’t do anything alone.  Someone is always there willing to help us, and they normally have answers that we haven’t even thought of yet.  We have to be willing to open our selves up.  Sometimes that is a hard thing to do, especially when you have been hurt before. 

But at the same time we have to realize that our focus is primary. We can’t let the needs of others and their agenda cause us to lose focus on what and why we want to do something.  Today, it was my focus on the task at hand that caused me to succeed.  I had to keep focus on cleaning out the garage and moving boxes,  In live, there are two many other ways to do what I need to do.  I have to seek His guidance and then proceed as if it were the only answer, 

You also can’t just work.  You have to mix life into your schedule.  And by live, I mean fun life.  This afternoon, I got out the golf cart that I had spent so much time getting a place for it to be parked in the garage.  We grabbed the map and went out on an adventure.  We wanted to go to Kedron Village.  That’s a shopping area that has Target; Kroger; Bed, Bath and Beyond and many more shops.  It was definitely an adventure on the cart paths, and then it was an even greater adventure coming home on the paths in the dark.  We did make it back, and it was a fun adventure.  That is what you can expect.  We need to make sure we schedule some down time in the spiritual as well. 

So, even though I had an A period, today was really tired tonight it was a great time.  I have learned to rest in the midst of chaos.  That is why I am able to continue on less sleep.  I know that I need sleep, don’t get me wrong.  It’s just that I can do without if necessary as long as I can remain at rest and in a state of peace.  Sure, I sometimes get knocked out of this state.  Everybody does!  But I know that if I can settle back into His peace, then life will move on, and we will be able to move into a deeper relationship with the Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment