Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving Day


This is a note to anyone who still reads this blog.  I pray that you have had a blessed and happy Thanksgiving day.  Whether you are in the US or somewhere else around the world, even if you don’t celebrate Thanksgiving day the way we do; Happy Thanksgiving.  You see, every day should be a day of Thanksgiving.  We should all be thankful for all that we have and the blessings that we enjoy.  I hope that over this year, I have been able to release some joy and passion into your life, because life in the Kingdom is filled with joy and passion.

This morning we woke up with a sense of anticipation.  We knew that we still had a lot to do before everyone started showing up.  We had been aiming for this date as sort of a target date to have the house in order, and we met that deadline.  Thanks mostly to Sheryl; the house looks complete.  Sure there are a few things left, but there are pictures on the walls and all the furniture is in place.  It is a very comfortable house and a great place to live.  As we figured, everyone loved the sunroom the most.  In fact, that seemed to be the center of the afternoon.  We had a total of 17 people for dinner and 6 more came by during the afternoon.  It was a very busy time.

I was glad that we got to go by my Dad’s and see my sisters and Dad and Allene before our company came.  They ate around 12:30 so we got to see everyone but Jodie and Jeff who were late.  It was a quick visit but a good one.  We did Facetime Lisa and the family for a little, and I talked with Jennifer later in the evening.  But, we had company up until about 10PM, and then we still had to clean the kitchen.  It was definitely a busy day.  Tomorrow will be good, I don’t work and will be able to run and do some things around here.

It was a very good Thanksgiving; my only regret is that there are so many of my family and friends that I didn’t get to see.  I miss you all, and look forward to seeing each of you at different times over the holidays.  Thanksgiving means giving thanks, and I give thanks to God for each and every one of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment