Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Saying Goodbye


I’ve always been a big proponent of change.  One of my favorite sayings has been “Change is inevitable”.  You know that is really true.  It is inevitable, in almost every form of life.  If you live long enough, you will see a lot of change, whether you want to or not.  Some change is forced upon you, like the death of a spouse.  But there are many changes that are really by choice.  Getting married is one of those changes.  I think it’s the combination of changes that get to you. 

It’s a combination of changes that brought me to today.  I was up north in the house waiting for the Salvation Army to come make a pickup.  I had time, so I walked through that empty house and spent time just remembering all the good times that I have had in that house.  I can call it a house now because my home is in Peachtree City.  The house will be on the market soon and today was probably one of the last, if not the last times that I will ever see it.  So, it’s only natural to walk through each room thinking about the good times. 

One of the best times in the house came right after one of the worst.  Watching Julia Anne being born in that house was a refreshing treat for all of us that night.  Well, maybe it wasn’t so refreshing for Lisa.  But the results were refreshing anyway.  I remember sitting by the fire listening to music writing my blog.  I remember friends coming over for dinner and a movie.  I remember the joy of building the house and putting the things in it that would make it uniquely ours.

But saying goodbye was really easy because I have already begun to become accustomed to the house in Peachtree City.  Sure, Sheryl and I both want to know where the cart paths go, but that will come with time also.  So, it is true, Change is Inevitable.  I’m living proof of that.  The changes that I am going through right now are good,

No comments:

Post a Comment