Monday, June 13, 2011

Interviewing

Tonight I had three interviews for prospective students for next year’s first year class at BASSM. It was a lot of work. Each interview lasted a minimum of 30 minutes, one went for almost an hour. But as much work as it was, it was such a joy. One of the major benefits of my position with the school is that I get to interview most of the students. It is still early in the process, but I have been able to conduct ten interviews with another scheduled for tomorrow night.

I get to talk about people’s dreams and goals I get to hear their heart for God and their passion for the Kingdom. It is exciting to know that other people are going after the same thing that I believe and are willing to uproot their families and move cross country just to be a part of what we are doing. I talked with a young man for California tonight. He has 6 kids and is thinking about leaving everything to relocate near the school to be a part of the school. That just blows me away. How could they even know about us, let alone be ready to move clear across the United States.

This is just one example of the type and quality of people that I am talking with. I really feel that some of these people could do a better job at my job than me. But that is how I should feel. I haven’t had a bad interview yet. I know that it is still very early in the year, but we will probably have eleven students who have been accepted the BASSM by tomorrow night.

On another note, I did get to have coffee on the dock this morning with Sheryl. It was just as good, if not better, than the day before. We then had breakfast and drove home. I had a follow up for my physical. Everything is good. Sheryl has gone back south so I won’t see her until Thursday. Her son and his family come in on Wednesday night, so we are all going to the GA aquarium on Thursday. That will be good for me, I have never been there. Then Thursday night Jennifer and her family comes in. It is going to be a hectic from then on.

But first, I have work. Four early mornings in a row. That is not going to be fun. So with that I think that I will sign of for tonight. It’s going to be an early morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment