Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Exodus

Well, just as they came in, they are beginning to leave. The last seven days have been a whirlwind. It seems like we have been on the go constantly. My house has been totally full. I have been sleeping with John and Biddie. Sheryl's house has been full. She has been sleeping at Scott and Lacey's. But it has green great. It's rare when you can get all the kids in one place. When it happens you have to take advantage of it.

Sure, it's been busy, but I have loved every minute of it. Last night's party was the culmination of the week. I really think everyone had a great time. Our heart's desire was that everyone would enjoy themselves and in think that is what actually happened. But all good things come to an end, and the Exodus began today. Sheryl's son, Levi, and his family left this afternoon for California. Tonight, Hernan left for Juneau Alaska. Lisa and the girls will fly up on July 4th. Tomorrow morning, Jennifer and her family leave for Ft Lauderdale. So the house will be empty again. Oh, I forgot, Hernan also took both dogs with him. I love Jazzy and Lily, but they are both getting old. This will probably be their last trip. They won't be back at the house again.

I would feel lonely, but tomorrow we leave for Australia. So it's hard to be lonely when you are leaving too. We will be going with Scott and Lacey and others. We know that we are supposed to be in Australia, but we also know that there is so much more to this trip than us. We need to really tune into what Papa wants to do.

But it is still hard watching all that Papa is doing. Just hugging and kissing all the family tonight was so hard. I am so glad for all the high tech devices we have. Things like cell phone and face time. I really can't imagine being so far away from my kids without that stuff. So, tomorrow will be here soon. Our family will be scattered to the four winds. My sister Kay is in Kenya Africa on a mission trip. I'll be in Australia and Lisa will be in Alaska. JennifEr will be in Ft Lauderdale and Levi will be in California. It looks like we will have most of the world covered.

So, here we go again. I pray was get on the flight to Los Angles. If we get there, we should get on the plane to Sydney, even if we are in coach. The next post will be from down under. It might be scruple of days late.

No comments:

Post a Comment