Saturday, June 11, 2011

Dead Battery

Well, things didn’t go as planned today, but when do things ever go as planned. We were planning too go for a bike ride this morning. But after I put the bike rack on the Envoy, I went to move it out of the garage to get the bikes on and it was dead, totally dead. No lights, no buzzer no nothing. So when Sheryl got here, we wound up going over to John’s to get His jumper battery starter. But that didn’t work either. Of course mi mind went to the worst. I had had computer problems already this year in the Envoy, and I was afraid this was a computer and not a battery. I didn’t have any jumper cables so I called Roadside assistance and had them send someone out to jump start the car. Well, they arrived in an hour and it started fine.

But by this time it was after 11 and it was now getting hot. So, the bike ride was off. We let the car run for a long time before we decided to drive it over to Auto Zone. WE had them test the battery. Sure enough it was dead and wouldn’t hold a charge. So I needed to buy another one. I didn’t remember, but I thought that I had bought the last one there. Sure enough I did, back in 2007. But it was a six year battery, so I got credit for the unused warranty and was able to buy the new battery for over 55 dollars less than I would have paid. The good news is they changed it out for me so I didn’t have to do anything if I don’t want to. St that was how we spent most of the morning and afternoon.

We went to Costco and ordered flowers for the party on the 21st. We also found some wild Halibut and wild Salmon. It was crowded as usual, but we were able to do everything that we wanted to do. We went to a Cuban restaurant in Kennesaw and it was very good. After that we came back to the house to watch Danny Silk and them a movie. “It’s Complicated” was the movie and it was very, very funny.

So that was pretty much my day and I guess that all in all it was a good day. I was just thinking about last nights post. I want to expand on it a little bit. Don’t get discouraged when things don’t seem to go your way. God is still GOOD and He will use everything, even bad circumstances to have His will accomplish. So, when you feel down and discouraged, remember how much He loves you. He will redeem even the most brutal circumstance. Don’t allow yourself to be overwhelmed. The enemy will try to do everything to keep you down, but God is GOOD and He will use any circumstance to bring glory to himself as we wait upon Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment