Sunday, June 12, 2011

Back at the Lake

Once again we are back at Bud and Cathy's lake house. We came up this afternoon and Bud and Cathy drove up tonight. We spent a leisurely afternoon sitting down at the deck and swimming or floating on the lake. It seems that when I come up here, all cares and stress just seems to melt away. It is just so peaceful here in this little cove. It's almost like a little bit of heaven.

Sheryl and I are both getting ready for our families to come into town next week and to get a couple of days away right now really is great. Tonight for supper we had halibut covered and baked in fresh pesto sauce. It was awesome, and I am marinating chicken for tomorrow nights dinner. All I know is that the more time I spend up here, the more I want to just stop and smell the roses. I am really looking forward to spending time with the kids next week. Hopefully we will be able to go to the pool some.

I don't think that God intended for us to live with stress. Scripture says that perfect love cast out fear. Stress is caused by worry. It's hard to live without Fear or stress, but that is what we are supposed to do. Being here makes it a little bit easier. I'm looking forward to coffee on the dock in the morning, so I guess that I will call it a night and go to bed. Hopefully I'll be more who inspired to write by then

No comments:

Post a Comment