Thursday, June 16, 2011

Loving Family

It’s good to see family; even if it is family that you don’t know. This is the beginning of what I will call “Family Time”. All of Sheryl’s Kida and grand kids are in town and Jennifer, Sean and the kids came in tonight. Lisa, Hernan and the kids will come in on Saturday night. So for me, today was a very busy day. First I was at work in an A period and then I spent the rest of the day with Sheryl and her son Levi and his family. It’s great to begin to really know someone that you have only talked about. I already know Scott, Lacey and their kids so I want to know Levi and his family as well. We had a good time at the Georgia Aquarium and then we ate an early dinner at Nuevo Laredo’s . Ti was very good, and they even liked it. That says a lot because they have some great Mexican food where they are from in California. I probably won’t see them again until Tuesday night, but it was a good time talking, especially over dinner.

I got home about 6:30 and them went to the store. Jennifer and her family arrived shortly thereafter and it was really good to see them. I have missed them since I was there for Adair’s track meet. It seems like such a long time ago. Jennifer and the kids haven’t been up here since last summer when Adair went to camp. We went to the Mexican Restaurant right down the street. Yes, if you are counting, I ate Mexican twice today. I must have done something right! The truth is, I didn’t eat too much but I did enjoy what I was eating. It was good spending time just talking and listening with them tonight. I know that tomorrow I will get the opportunity to spend more time with them after I finish work. I have one more early period and then I am through for the month.

It’s hard to believe that we will be on a plane to Australia a week from tonight. In the mean time, we will be busy with our own family and meeting each other’s family. It’s all good except the time it takes us away from each other. Today, part of Sat and Sunday are all the time we will be together between now and next Thursday. I am so glad that we had last weekend at the lake. I’m still living off those memories and that peace that I had as we came home. Well, it’s late, and I have another early wake up in the morning. So I think that this will be all I get to write tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment