Saturday, June 4, 2011

Crossroads

Have you ever come to a crossroad in your life and just sat there for a season asking God to show you which way to go. I can look back in my life and see specific times, specific crossroads where if I had went one way my life would have taken a completely different course. Now what I don’t know is if that course would have eventually wound up in the same place, but I don’t think so. There are some crossroads that take you in completely different directions. Then there are other crossroads that will lead you in the same general direction no matter which one that you pick.

Anyway, tonight at the Marietta Vineyard when we finished prophesying over everybody there, the pastor had a prophetic word for us as a couple. It is the first prophetic word that we have had as a couple together, so I consider it to be important. He said that He could see that our marriage was God ordained, which I know it is. He said that our ministry would be very powerful together, but he saw a crossroad signpost over us. He couldn’t read the street signs, but knew that we had a choice of which path, or road, to take. He said that God was going to give us wisdom to choose the right path, although neither was totally wrong. He also said that no matter which path that we chose, God was going to bless it.

That’s a good word, and I am excited, because we have been told, and we have both heard Papa say that together our ministry was going to be many times greater than the sum of each of our ministry. The crossroad sign rings true also because as we join lives there are so many pieces to sort out and so many decisions to make. It’s all exciting, but we do pray for His wisdom in every area, not just our ministry.

So I know that we are at a crossroad, in almost every area. I just know this: family and friends are important and no matter what path we take, there will always be room in our hearts and lives for them. We have been so blessed to have such good friends. I’m really blessed in the fact that Sheryl has made friends with my friends even before we were engaged. I never realized how much it meant to me, but the fact that she is already friends with them is just an extra blessing in my life.

Well, tomorrow I will get up and run. Then I take my Harley down to Marietta Vineyard and the conference. I need to get it out for a ride, and this will work fine. It should be a fun day. It’s good to be off for the next few days. We will have to continue to pray for wisdom. It will be interesting to see what path we take as time progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment