Saturday, July 23, 2011

North to Alaska

Well, we leave in the morning for Juneau Alaska and a few days with Lisa, Hernan and the kids. It will be about 7.5 hours in the air and the layover time over time in Seattle. It will be good to see them. I know we just saw them a month ago, but we need to get up to see them before school starts, and besides, it’s summer up there. The next time we get that far north it will probably be winter, at least up there.

I really love Alaska. In another life I could see myself living up there very easily. If I lived up there now, I think I would buy a plane and join the ranks of bush pilots flying all over the country. It is just so beautiful and wild, I think it just exudes freedom. I know that Lisa is really going to like it. Shoot, she has already lived in Sitka for a year, so she knows what it is like.

Today was a very fun day. We spent the morning on a 14 mile bike ride on the Silver Comet getting ready for our bike trip to Virginia. It was hot, but we started early. Not too early; because we went to Kennesaw Mt. Biscuits for breakfast. That was an awesome, but not heart friendly, experience. The ride more than made up for the breakfast though. As I was riding, I was just looking at all the beauty that God has made. We take so much for granted, and I want to live each day to the fullest and take nothing for granted. I am looking to see eagles in Alaska. I believe that the word we got last night is true. God is going to show us something about our ministry while we are there. I pray He does. That would be great, but the main reason that we are going is to spend time with all the kids.

So, it’s time to go to bed; 5AM comes early tomorrow and I still need to pack a few more things. It will be in the low 60’s and showers all week. It is going to be fun, another great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment