Friday, July 22, 2011

Friends

Sheryl and I were given a party tonight to celebrate our wedding. It was given by John and Biddie; Bud and Cathy; Mike and Tonya and Peter and Masha. Many of my good friends for many years were there. We had a great time eating and talking. It was good to see everyone, and it gave everyone a chance to get to know Sheryl a little better. For me it was a time just to reconnect with good friends. These are people that I have known for years. In reality, they are more than friends.

When do friends become family? Is it after you spend hours crying with them, or after you spend hours sharing meals together? I don’t know, it’s probably a combination of the two. All that I really know is that these friends have over the years become family to me. I know their children, and some of their grandchildren. We have been there to support each other through good times and bad. When Julia died, they were all there to help hold me up. And now tonight here they were to celebrate with Sheryl and me. Those who know Sheryl have come to love her already. Those who don’t really know her love her because they know I do. They trust me enough to know that I am really hearing the Holy Spirit, and love her with me.

So tonight in addition to having fun, we received many great prophetic words. Many of them confirmed what we had received in Australia. So tonight we are very blessed. Friends are like the glue that help hold life together, and these friends are not an exception to that rule. I really don’t see how people go through life without any friends, yet I know people who totally have no friends. They seem to operate almost in a vacuum. They seem to be able to get around without them, but I wonder how they really are when they are totally alone. It must get lonely, even though they seem OK, I don’t understand how they can be.

Yes, I am blessed to have friends. I know that no matter where we live, or where we go to church, these are the ones who will always be there for us if we need them. I know that no matter where I am, if I call, they will answer. Well, it’s getting late and we have an early morning bike ride on the Silver Comet so I guess that I will go to bed. It really was a great party tonight. We are blessed to have such good friends. The riches of a man are not necessarily measured in money. I believe I am a rich man because of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment