Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Back Among the Living

Wow, for the first time in almost a week I am beginning to feel “normal” again. Last night I was able to almost sleep through. I woke up about 4, but was able to go back to sleep. I believe that I will be able to sleep all night tonight. But enough of that; tonight I really want to focus on passion and hunger that comes with going after the Kingdom of God. It never ceases to amaze me when I realize how much people are really willing to sacrifice to be a part of His Kingdom and what is going on in the earth today.

I see this constantly. Especially, since I am interviewing prospective students for next year’s class at BASSM. I interviewed a man tonight who is moving his family of four up form FL, just to pursue God with us in school next year. Then, there is the family of eight that is moving to Atlanta from California just to attend school. These are just a few of the stories that I have the opportunity of hearing. It is an honor to be able to interview these people and even more of an honor to serve them next year in the school.

Passion and hunger; these are two of the necessary attributes of anyone seeking more of God’s presence. A lot of people are passionate. Passionate people are passionate about many things. But, when you couple the passion with hunger to do the will of God, well that is when you begin to get breakthrough. As I interview these people and others like them I find myself looking inward. How is my hunger? I know that I have passion. I am passionate about everything I do. But, passion alone is not enough to change your world. No, it takes hunger as well. In fact, hunger is probably more important than passion. Hunger can create passion, but I don’t think passion can create hunger.

No, hunger is more important, and it can change daily. I really need to be hungry all the time, but I’m not. Many days I find myself just existing, not hungry for all that God has given. I think that I have been more like that for the past few days. We came back on such a Spiritual high that it was very hard to maintain, especially with all the physical effects of jet lag. So, tonight I find myself as I write, asking Holy Sprit to help me search my heart and stir up hunger. I live in hunger and passion. When they are not evident and strong in my life, then I am less than I should be, and I can feel it. So, tonight I take the advice of my life’s verse. I choose to “fan into flame” all the giftings and anointings that are in my life. The good news is, it’s easy to do. I’ve done it before. Anything that you have done before, you can access easily. So, I choose to stir up all the gifts and callings, all the anointing and impartations that I know that I have. It’s a great time to be alive and in the Kingdom!

No comments:

Post a Comment