Monday, July 11, 2011

Jet Lag

I’ve always prided myself on being able to fly all over the world and not really suffer any lingering problems with “Jet Lag”. For the most part of my life and career with Delta, that has certainly been the case. But the flight to Australia and back seems to be taking its toll on me, especially this week. It seems like I have been overly tired. I find myself wanting to take a nap in the afternoon, and then wanting to get up at 3AM. I find myself tonight being extremely tired tonight and am looking forward to a great night’s sleep.

I did get back to work today. It seemed strange going into the simulator today. But once the period got started I was able to focus like normal. ZZZZZZ. It seems like it’s taking a lot longer to recover than normal. I guess it’s just the 17 hour time differential. Well, I know it will be better in another couple of days. I’m not alone, Sheryl is having the same problems and so is everyone else on the team.

Life is interesting and fun right now. It’s interesting as we try to begin to sort out what the new normal looks like. Shoot, I’ve been talking about the “new normal” for over a year and a half now. I’m not sure there will ever be a normal in my life. But that’s what makes it interesting and fun. But part of the fun is trying to live in two places. Tonight I am writing this from Sheryl’s place in Newnan. We came down here Sunday afternoon after church and I went to work from here this morning. Tomorrow after work, I will go back to my place up north. Sheryl will drive up with the Scott and Lacey’s kids. We are keeping them while Scott and Lacey go to Texas for a conference. They will be back on Saturday. We will keep them at my place for a couple of days, and then take them back down to their house over the weekend. So life will continue to be complicated.

The good news is that I still feel the goodness and pleasure of my Papa and I know that He loves me. He is the source of my strength and all of my love. I choose to rest and dwell in His presence every day for the rest of my life. In Him there really is no jet lag, so I guess it is up to me to just press through the veil and enter His rest. I think I will do that now as I lay down to sleep. Maybe I’ll be able to focus better tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment