Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 155 - Why are We Here?

Here I am sitting in my rocking chair listening to “Love Came Down.” Wouldn’t it be great if life were free of storms? What if we did live with no problems? What if there were no sickness, or any other heartache? What if there were no deaths? It sounds like Heaven, but it was supposed to be Eden. That’s how it was supposed to be. Then Adam and Eve made the wrong choice. We all know how it has been since. So Jesus paid the price for all. What’s all? Is it just salvation? I don’t think so. Salvation is wonderful and it is the first step. So what more did Jesus die for? Did he die for our healing and deliverance? Yes, I think He did, but it was for more. So what’s the more? I believe that he died to allow us, His followers to bring the Kingdom of God down on earth. One of my favorite books besides the bible is Bill Johnson’s “When Heaven Invades Earth.” This, in my opinion is what Jesus lived and died for. He died so that we, his followers, could bring Heaven down in our areas of influence. No, I’m not really crazy, read the New Testament.

In John, Jesus said that it was better that He go away so the Holy Spirit would come. I don’t mean to preach tonight, I really don’t. It’s just that is so important for us to realize why we are here. Jesus operated as a man. Of course He was with out sin. So there was no barrier separating Him from His Father. John baptized him in the Jordon River, and the Holy Spirit came upon Him. So He was full of the Holy Spirit. Well, we are men or women. If we have accepted Jesus as our Savior, then our sins are forgiven and are under the blood of Jesus. If that is the case, then there are no sins to separate us from the Father. So what is the only difference? He was filled with the Holy Spirit. Everything He did, He did as a man full of the Holy Spirit. So the only difference is how much of the Holy Spirit we have compared to Jesus. So the real question is how much of the Holy Spirit do I want? In Matthew and Luke Father God said He would fill us with the Holy Spirit. I want as much as Jesus had. Am I willing to surrender my life to the extent that He did, so I can be filled to that measure with the Holy Spirit. This is what I what, and this is what I am crying out for.

I was talking to a friend the other day. We were talking about being filled with the Holy Spirit. At that time I said it was a matter of trust and surrender. The more you could trust Papa, the more of your stuff you could surrender and the more you would be filled. I told him that was an on going process for me. I could trust at a certain level and then surrender at that level and be filled at that level. But there is always more. More trust, more surrender and more to be filled. In order to release the Kingdom of God in my sphere of influence, I have to trust Him and be filled, and then release his presence into my world. That is why I am here. That is why we are all here. Alone, I probably won’t make much of an impact. But think of what 100 of others like me in a small area could do. Think of what a church of 1000 could do in their community. Wow, think of what 20 churches of 1000 could do. Can you see the impact we could have in or community, in our city, in our state, in the world? I have to share this vision hoping that someone reading this will catch it. The unity of the Spirit is not about doctrine or politics. No, it’s about releasing His presence into the earth. It’s about our calling. My prayer is that His passion for the Kingdom would be stirred up in each of us and that we could not stop until we saw His Kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. wow, we loved this post Tom!

    It's so clear.

    "passion for the Kingdom would be stirred up in each of us and that we could not stop until we saw His Kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven."

    - Ann & Brent

    ReplyDelete