Monday, June 14, 2010

Day 154 - A Sunday Afternoon Drive

Well, it’s 9:30 PM and I am listening to “Love Came Down” while I write. That is the only normal thing about this [posting. I will probably not get this posted until after 2AM on Monday morning. You see, I am sitting in the “shotgun” seat of my Envoy writing this while John is driving. We are a little over 100 miles south of Montgomery AL on I65. We have been on a little Sunday afternoon drive from Marietta to the gulf coast, to Mobile and Lisa’s. Instead of staying, we decided to come back tonight. So it is just a little drive of not quite 800 miles. It has really been an easy drive considering everything. We left afer church, got a Starbucks and then stopped in Montgomery for lunch. Then we drove to Perdido Key which is the most western beach in the FL panhandle. After we went to the beach, we drove to Lisa’s in Mobile to unload a bed and pick up their lawnmower. We did stop and play with Anna and Julia. They are both so cute. It’s amazing how much they have grown since the last time I saw them. We got a a little supper to go and another starbucks and headed north. John is driving now, and I wll take over later. I figured that if I was going to get any writing done, I had better do it now. So that is the trips itinerary, now I want to fill in some of the days details.

Church at “The Stone” this morning was awesome. We went to the 9AM service and with Tom and Daniel both in India Mark was preaching and Mellisa Drummond led worship. It was her first time leading for the complete service, and she did great. The presence of the Lord was so strong and so sweet that I really didn’t want to stop. Mark’s sermon was on Spiritual Warfare and was from Revelations 12, 13 and 14. During worship I could almost feel Julia’s presence as we pressed in to Papa’s presence. I don’t know if it makes sense, I’m not sure it does to me, but it seems the closer that I am to God, the closer I am to Julia. I don’t have to do anything, it’s just like as I press into Him, she seems to come too. I was thinking about this because Hernan sent me a text as we were driving down to Montgomery. He said that He had just finished worship at his church and the presence of God was so strong but he could almost feel, even smell Julia’s perfume as he worshiped. I told him I wasn’t surprised since I knew how much she loved to worship.

John and I got out and went on the beach at Perdido and walked out to the gulf. We didn’t see any oil. There were very few people on the beach and a few were swimming. We know it’s still out there close, because according to the news today, a little farther west there was a lot of oil in Orange Beach. Anyway we were crying out to God and declaring favor and prosperity over the entire gulf area. We were asking for supernatural intervention for the spill and cleanup. I know that many others are doing the same thing, but we couldn’t come that close not to stop and walk out to speak over the elements. It is such a tragedy, and unless God intervenes it will be terrible for all the people down there, and for the environment. We definitely need to continue to pray over the situation. But God is good, and I know that when we pray He hears us and wants to answer our prayers.
Going down to Mobile today and seeing Anna and Julia even for such a short time just showed me how much I miss seeing all of them. Adair and Meleah went to the orthodontist this weekend. It looks like Adair will have braces soon. It seems like only yesterday when Julia and I were having braces put on Jennifer and then Lisa. Time goes by so fast, yet there is still so much to do. Anyway they will all be up in Atlanta at the end of the month. We will have a big family get together and that will be fun. I am blessed to be able to get on an airplane if there is an empty seat. Otherwise having them in Ft Lauderdale and Norfolk would be really hard,

I don’t have to work until Thursday. I know that I want to sleep in tomorrow morning, but I really want to have a good time to soak. It is so funny that I can be alone and still not feel that I have quality time with Papa, Jesus and Holy Spirit. I feel that they want me to just be still and spend some time with them. Hopefully either tomorrow or Tuesday I will be able to do that. Shoot, maybe I can do it on both days. Well John has driven over 50 miles since I started writing and the album is on the last song so I guess that this will be it for tonight. The “Sunday Afternoon Drive” will continue for a few more hours. It will be my turn to drive soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment