Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 9 - Back in the Groove?

Wow, it has been busy all day. I did sleep well last night. I am surprised that I have been able to sleep as well as I have. However I know that it is God’s grace and presence that is enabling me. I go back to school tonight, and I am definitely looking forward to it. For those who don’t know, I’m in first year at Bethel Atlanta School of Supernatural Ministry (BSSM). Why, you might ask? Well I really wanted to be pushed more this year. I felt that we are at a point in history, and in our church where each of us, no mater where we are spiritually, we need to be pushing for the next level. How do you push, when it’s not about your works, but His grace? I believe you push yourself by surrounding yourself with people who are more radical than you are. People whom also want more. If you are constantly in the lead, how will you ever grow? So This September I started in BSSM. Julia was all for it, she encouraged me to go, even though it meant 2 more nights away from home. She knew that this wasn’t the right time for her. The baby was coming in January and she planned to be spending a lot of time in Mobile helping Lisa. Si I ventured out, but she was (and is) with me in Spirit. We would talk and share about all the things we were doing, and what I was learning. In fact our last outing together was at a Bill Johnson Conference in Webb AL with the BSSM team. We spent most of the time together just talking about 2010 and our dreams. It seems God was downloading more and bigger dreams. I know that they are still to be fulfilled, and I don’t believe they have changed. They still were in the formative stage; we were talking about a lot of things. Only the Father knows how it will all work out. I am serious about surrounding yourselves with people who will push you out of your comfort zone. It is imperative that we not settle for the ordinary life, as we know it. There is so much more. The good news is that God wants us to have it more than we want it.

Anyway, it seems that whether I am ready of not, life is calling. My two granddaughters that live in Ft Lauderdale have birthdays on Jan 15th and Jan 23. So I am flying down to FLL in the morning and spending the day with my daughter and taking them out to dinner tomorrow night. I return on Thursday morning, have cell Thursday night, Sozos on Friday night and work on Sat. So life is calling fast. I know that I have to pace myself and give myself time to reflect. I believe the discipline of writing this blog will help with that.

On our first date, I told you about Julia’s big blue eyes. She also had long blond hair that was beautiful. Well, when I flew in for our second date, she was meeting me at the airport. I didn’t have a picture of her except in my mind. We had talked on the phone almost every night, and I felt I was getting to know her very well. The problem was I hadn’t seen her since that first night. No problem, I would just look for the beautiful short blond with blue eyes and long hair. (Now here is where my story and Julia’s story differs). So I’ll be fair and tell Julia’s first. Julia always interjects that she told me she had short hair on that first date that her long beautiful hair wasn’t real. It was just an “extension”. Something girls did in the 70’s. No IF she told me, I didn’t hear her. So here I am at the airport looking for the girl I’m going to marry and I can’t find her. I was in shock when this short, beautiful girl with short blond hair came up and hugged me. Not a good way to start your “second” date. Anyway we survived that date, and I flew out to Texas the next night.

Tonight at school was awesome. It is almost to much to speak of right now. Let me say that I felt the presence and love of God through the school. God is truly carrying me right now. I need to close. I have an early flight tomorrow morning and I have things to do. I am just thankful for the Goodness of God, and his grace.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've touched on a point that has put words on something I'm feeling...being in the company of those who, by osmosis, challenge you and propel you forward. I'm longing to experience that on a regular basis again. Thanks for the food for thought (and prayer). Blessings!
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad that you have support & love thru the school!!

    i enjoyed the story of the 2nd date & the hair! how funny!

    ReplyDelete